Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Appetizers and other Gourmet topics.
This flavorful spread is best made at least 24 hours in advance
in order for it to meld.
Liptauer Cheese Spread
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup salted butter
1 tbsp. onion, minced
1 tbsp. capers, drained
1 can anchovy fillets, drained & chopped
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. caraway seed
1. In a blender or food processor combine cream cheese and butter.
Process 1-2 minutes until smooth.
2. Add onions, capers, and anchovies; process 10 seconds.
3. Transfer to a small bowl, stir in white pepper, mustard and caraway
4. Press into a crock or small dish, cover and store in refrigerator
just until serving time.
5. Let sit at room temperature 20 minutes before serving.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|