Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Appetizers and other Gourmet topics.
2 boxes frozen phyllo dough
2 pounds unsalted butter, melted
2 pounds button mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound cream cheese, at room temp
1 pound goat cheese (Chevre)
3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1. Leave dough out at room temperature while preparing filling.
2. Saute mushrooms and garlic until moisture has evaporated. Let cool completely.
3. Mix in cheeses, dill, parsley, season to taste with salt & pepper.
4. Unroll phyllo and cover with a lightly moist towel. Butter 1 sheet of phyllo; top with another buttered sheet, then another..A total of three buttered sheets.
5. Cut the sheets into 24 squares; 6x4 and press each square into a mini muffin pan.
6. Fill each one with 1 tablespoon of the filling and refrigerate for 1/2 hour..
7. Bake at 350 degrees until brown.
Optional garnish: Fresh julienned roma tomato, 1 for each.
Yields: 75 phyllo cups
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|