Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Appetizers and other Gourmet topics.
When you're planning a party that requires a large quantity
of canapes, you'll need to follow these steps for the best
results with a minimum of fuss.
1. Cut all canape decorations, cover and set aside.
2. Prepare all salads, fillings or ingredients being
used for canapes, cover and refrigerate.
3. Trim crusts from bread, cut into shapes as desired.
4. Spread shaped breads with appropriate spread: butter,
mayonnaise, mustard, cream cheese etc.
5. Spread appropriate salad in a thin even layer on prepared
bread slices. Depending on shape, cut in half again if desired
6. Top each canape with edible decoration and place on platter.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|